This course was produced in conjunction with the National AGC.
Construction companies that properly utilize equipment will gain a strategic advantage over their competitors. This advantage will result in more efficient production and increased profits. To realize this advantage, project managers need to carefully consider the variables that they use to select equipment, to analyze equipment cost, and to track the effectiveness of their decisions.
Effect equipment utilization requires the cooperation of upper-level management, estimators, project managers, foremen, operators, and maintenance personnel. By understanding the big picture of equipment utilization, project managers can make more informed decisions about how to choose and use equipment.
- List four procedures that are essential to small tool management.
- Outline the differences in costing major equipment, minor equipment, and small tools.
- Calculate equipment options.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing, renting, or leasing equipment.
- Calculate when a piece of equipment should be repaired, replaced, or rebuiltr.
- Understand the importance of insurance and record keeping.
- List at least six factors that should be considered when conducting a needs analysis.
- Calculate the cost per unit production.
- List at least three elements of equipment ownership and operating cost.
- Calculate equipment ownership and operating costs.
- Calculate equipment rental costs.
Seat Time: 2 Hours
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.
Length: 2 hours
500MHz Pentium or faster with 512MB Ram (1GB recommended)
1024 x 768 minimum monitor screen resolution with 16-bit video card
Windows 2000, XP or later
Broadband connection (256 kbps or greater) connection recommended
Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Firefox 2.0+
Flash Player 9.0+ required for most courses
Sound card with speakers or headphones for audio playback