This training course is designed to provide a basic understanding of bloodborne pathogens, common modes of their transmission, methods of prevention, and other pertinent information. Through this course, students will able to meet the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA's) Bloodborne Pathogen Standard.
· Understand the bloodborne pathogens
· Identify the types of diseases which can be transmitted through the bloodborne pathogens
· Recognize the symptoms of bloodborne diseases
· Understand how bloodborne pathogens may be transmitted in the workplace
· Understand the prevention measures and what to do if exposed to bloodborne pathogens
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Modes of Transmission
Vehicles of Transmission
Reducing the Risk
Signs, labels, and color coding
Exposure Incident Procedures
Specific Exposure Procedures
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for 1 hour.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.
Length: 1 hours
500MHz Pentium or faster with 512MB Ram (1GB recommended)
1024 x 768 minimum monitor screen resolution with 16-bit video card
Windows 2000, XP or later
Broadband connection (256 kbps or greater) connection recommended
Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Firefox 2.0+
Flash Player 9.0+ required for most courses
Sound card with speakers or headphones for audio playback