This course gives you a basic understanding about OSHA’s role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. The OSHA standard identifies areas or activities where fall protection is needed.
It clarifies what an employer must do to provide fall protection for employees, such as identifying and evaluating fall hazards and providing training. Under the standard, employers are able to select fall protection measures compatible with the type of work being performed.
· Learn about falls in the workplace
· Identify preventative measures to avoid falls
· Understand the duty to have fall protection
· Identify and understand fall protection systems
· Learn how to develop a fall protection plan
· Learn how to inspect fall protection equipment
Types of Fall Protection - Active Systems
Types of Fall Protection - Passive Systems
Inspection of Equipment
Fall Protection Safety Systems
Falling Object Protection
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for 1 hour.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.