This course provides an extensive overview of the use of electric files in salons. This course discusses the various types of electric files and also covers the use, sanitation, disinfection, features, benefits, and bit selection for electric files.
Also covered during this course are the proper usage techniques and the proper problem solving techniques to apply when using an electric file.
• Know the history of the electric file and the industries it has served.
• Understand the sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization requirements related to the use of electric files.
• Note the universal sanitation practice regarding electric files.
• Be familiar with the use of whirlpools.
• Identify the different kinds of electric files and their uses.
• Understand the process of electric file selection and electric file bit selection.
• Understand the different techniques for using the electric file safely.
• History of the File and the Industries it has Served
• Sanitation and Disinfection
• Universal Sanitation Practice
• Electric File Selection
• Types of Electric Files
• Features and Benefits
• Electric File Bit Selection
• Bit Types
• Bit Shapes
• Bit Usage
• Bit Speed
• Problem Solving
• Care and Maintenance of Bits
• Machine Care and Maintenance
Course Reporting Requirements
Depends on state; see state page for specific information
70% passing score on final exam
About the Subject Matter Expert
Karen Mayer-Cunningham is uniquely qualified as an instructor. She has been an educator for numerous manufacturers and beauty supply corporations since 1996. She has been named as past Educator of the Year for Premium Nail Concepts, and is the current Education and Show Director for Medicool. Although she also teaches across the nation, she is the only educator in Texas for electric file use and safety.